Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dear Avery, 6 Months

Dear Avery,

Are you really half a year old already? That must have happened while we were playing. Time flies when you are having fun, and my little peanut, we sure do have a lot of fun together. You just LOVE to play! Your favourite game right now is peek a boo, and you could literally play it all day long and not get tired of it. This is just one thing that  I don't ever want to forget about you at this age my baby. There are lots more though. You started giving kisses this month! This is my favourite thing you have learned to do so far. My neck is covered in little scratches from your little nails grabbing me and pulling me in for kisses. Big slobbery, sucking kisses! And I wouldn't trade it for the world! You know they are kisses now too. I can ask you for a kiss and you do it. I love the way you get so excited when you haven't seen me for awhile. You have just started screaming excitedly when you see me and I LOVE it!! You said "dada" for the first time this month, and even Addison heard it the same way I did. You love your new found vocal skills and are "dada'ing" all the time now. It is the cutest thing baby girl.

You have gotten really good at sitting up. You don't really need anything behind you anymore, but you are so used to having the boppy behind you, that you flop backwards on purpose all the time. Of course you don't realize when it is gone so you end up banging your head on the floor. So we will keep the boppy out for as long as you need it.

Every morning when you wake up, Daddy grabs you and puts you into bed with me. You usually play for awhile until Addie comes in. I love when you see Addie in the morning. You grab her and give her big hugs and kisses. You always have huge smiles for her too. I hope you are always close to each other like this.

You have been very busy increasing our grocery bill this month! I can not believe how much food you eat now! You already eat more than Addison, and you love to eat. It is so much fun cooking all your food for you, making you new things to eat and even feeding you is fun. You start bouncing around and kicking your feet as soon as we put the bib on you. If you are in your highchair and see the bowl of food, you start yelling at us until you get to eat it. I have to make sure it is the right temperature before you see it now so you don't get upset. We cannot spoon it into your mouth fast enough either. I am trying to teach you to sign "more" but you get mad at me for putting the bowl down for a second to show you the sign.

You are hit and miss with the sleeping these days. You absolutely will not nap unless you are home in your bed and Addison is not around. If you see Addie you just want to play with her. And if you are in your carseat, you will only sleep while the car is moving. As soon as we stop, you are awake and want out. You still aren't sleeping through the night anymore. You are pretty much up every two hours. You nurse for a few minutes and go right back to sleep though, so I don't mind getting up with you. There have been one or two nights that you have slept for 5-6 hours straight, but that is when you skip your afternoon nap, or are very tired after swimming lessons. We stopped swaddling you this month at nap and bedtime, and I think you are adjusting to that. You still love to be swaddled, but it is just too cold for it now. You need your sleep-sack now so we had to stop swaddling.

You do love going swimming. I am so happy that you love to swim sweetheart. It is so much fun taking you swimming. You kick both your feet at the same time, and you look like a little dolphin in the pool. Daddy and I love watching you swim! I wish I had some pictures, but the YMCA won't allow us to take any.

Music is another thing you love right now. You can sit and listen to your mobile, or the musical crib toy for hours. Any toys that make music or sing are your favourite toys right now, and you smile so big and dance when you hear them.

We just got our family pictures back, and everyone (including the photographer) is commenting on how gorgeous you are. Even Aunt Nikki showed some of her friends at school and everyone thinks you should be a baby model. I agree, you are stunning. After Christmas, I would love to have a portfolio made for you and see where it goes. It would be so much fun having your pictures done.

You are now in 6-9 month clothing, and your sleepers are getting a little short. I just started putting you in 12 month sleepers, they are too big, but better than having your toes squished in the 9 month ones. It won`t be long before you grow into them.

I have already started your Christmas shopping, I am so excited for your first Christmas! Avery, you just light up my life. I am so happy to have you, and to be blessed enough to have this time off to spend with you. I love you so much my little peanut.

Love, your mama
xoxoxoxoxox

















No comments:

Post a Comment