Monday, May 23, 2011

The Birthday and Party!

A larger than life Elmo can only mean one thing... this must be the 1st Birthday post!



I take A LOT of pictures.... I mean A LOT! Photography is a huge hobby of mine, and my favorite subject is my family, especially the little Addie girl that is constantly changing and growing! So I decided to document not only her birthday party, but also her birthday. Since I don't want to be here all night, I've shortened the montage substantially for both. Here are just a few of my favorite moments from Addie's actual birthday:

Her birthday morning, before her nap when it was just her and us. Here she is starting her day off right by having breakfast (aka stealing dad's toast (aka licking all the peanut butter off dad's toast)).
And playing with daddy's sunglasses before he left for work. She knows exactly what to do with these and takes turns putting them on and then putting them on daddy.





After daddy left for work, mama had a coffee while Addie had her morning bubba and watched her favorite show: Caillou (yes the TV is on the floor in our room... more on moving into the new house later)





Addie's favorite food right now is cheese, and LOVES those Gerber cheesies. Just because it was her birthday, she had cheesies after her bubba. Here she is shovelling them into her mouth like she had to get as many in as she could before I realized I'd given her cheesies for breakfast.





Later in the day, Grammie and Uncle Josh came over to play, and helped me take a clay imprint of her one year old hand. It took 3 tries, but I eventually settled for one after I realized she was just going to keep digging in the clay when I put her hand in. She LOVED washing her hands in the sink after.





`It`s a Daddy`s job to buy flowers for his little girl on her birthday`-Addison`s Daddy (I loved the rubber boot planter... soo cute for a little girl)





And the actual 1st Birthday Party Pictures!




Here is the banner I made for her








We only had 5 kids at the party, and they were all babies, so I made them each a baby friendly favor bag. Here is what was in them: a juice box board book, alphabet flash cards, hopping frogs, patterned personal size kleenex, a peach and yogurt Gerber granola bar, a pouch of specialty organic baby food (vanilla raspberry risotto or mango, banana berry) and some tootsie pops (for the mamas)




It was always tradition in my family that we got to open one birthday present in the morning, and then we got the rest of our gifts after supper (on weekdays) so when Ryan said Addie had to wait to open her gifts from us on her actual birthday, I pleaded the case to open just one before he went to work. Here is the gift daddy suggested..... Addie could not have cared less about her new plate, even though she has used it plenty since she got it.




This was her reaction to the gifts that Grammie brought over later in the day....




She could not stay away from that present table all day.... the kid knows exactly what a present is, and she knows if she sees one, it is for her




Here she is opening her gifts at her party




And just to confuse you some more, here is a segment from her actual birthday. Because we were having her cake and cupcakes the next day at her party, I decided to give her a new treat for her actual birthday. I bought her miniature hagendaas bars. They were a big hit!









So generous offering to share with Aunt Nikki!




The Birthday Party cupcakes! I loved the cookie monsters!




The smash cake




At first she wasnt sure what to think of it....So she tore little pieces of the fondant off and tasted it....But the fondant was very thick, so I tore that off to help her out, and she figured the rest out on her own...












And after the party, when everyone else had left, our friends stayed with their little guy Xavier, whom Addie has known since they were weeks old, and the two of them got to play for awhile alone. I should mention this is the sweetest and most adorable baby boy I have ever met, he is only a month older than Addie and they absolutely love each other. They recognize each other right away and play really well together (unless Addie is feeling a little aggressive and then she bullies him a little. But he is a real gentleman and lets her get away with it). I think we have a winner here, Addison is officially betrothed, but dont tell Daddy).









It was a wonderful birthday, an amazing party, the birthday girl was happy and energetic for the whole event, and was extremely social and happy that everyone was there. We couldnt have asked for a better turn out. Oh, and the weather was perfect!








Im keeping the 12 month letter between Addie and her mama, but I will update her stats after her Dr. appt this week for those who are interested. I do know that she is now 18lbs which is a long way from the 6lb 3oz peanut we brought home from the hospital this time last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment