Monday, February 20, 2012

So much to do, so little time!

I can hardly believe it, but our SECOND baby girl is almost here!! About 8 weeks left to go, and we are soo not prepared! By this point with Addison, we had pretty much everything finished in the nursery and stocked up. So far, all we've done for Avery is get her room painted. We still have A LOT to do, and while Addison is visiting family in New Brunswick this week with my parents, we are hoping to get a lot of our checklist completed.

Here's the list of things we need to get finished before baby girl arrives:

  • Touch up the ceiling paint in Avery's room 
  • Finish staining and sealing our staircase (this should have been done months ago, but I would'nt let Ryan do it with Addie in the house)
  • Iron all the baby clothes that I have washed from storage, and hang in the closet
  • Write birth plan
  • Finish the mobile I am making
  • Make the bookcase I want to make
  • Make plans for Addison during my c-section
  • Buy and set up crib and dresser
  • wash all the baby blankets and put away
  • Inspect breast pump and buy replacement tubing ect.
  • Set up baby swing, bouncey seat and get carseat out of storage
  • Do another hospital tour (because the hospital has a new labour/delivery wing and I want to check it out before I go in to deliver
  • Call insurance to confirm private room coverage
  • Organize our hall closet and bedroom closet (just because I need to capitalize on these nesting instincts)
  • Fill my freezer with freezer meals!! (I was sooo sorry I didn't do that when I had Addison!)
  • Renew Addison's health card. So much easier to do toting ONE baby down to the office instead of TWO!

And since this is my running list to go by, I am sure there will be more added as we go along. 

But then there is also the list of things we need to BUY for Avery. We really haven't bought anything for her yet. This is what we still need"
  • Crib/crib mattress
  • Dresser
  • Curtains/Blinds
  • Crib bedding
  • Cloth diapers (we need to add some smaller fitting ones to our stash)
  • Swaddle blankets
  • Baby book
  • Glass bottles
  • Double stroller
  • More newborn clothes (since I know she's going to be another little peanut like her sister)
  • Co-sleeper
  • Change pad cover
  • Bottle warmer (something I wished I had bought with Addison)
  • Diaper bag (my old one is falling apart!)
  • Bottle drying rack (love the Boon grass ones!)
  • Ear thermometer
  • Clothes hamper
  • Night table and lamp (two more things I am still missing for Addison's room)
  • Newborn size pacifiers
  • Newborn diapers for the hospital
Quite the list eh? ya... So far all I've bought the poor girl are 3 cloth diapers, a newborn sleeper, and some hangers. But, I am almost done the mobile I've been making her, and am hoping to get the sling book shelves  made next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment