Friday, August 20, 2010

Y3W

Your 3 Words:
Overnight With Grandma!


From now on, I'm going to be participating in a blog segment called Your Three Words (Y3W) every Friday, based on my favorite blogger's blog Jenni from the blog. The segment is meant to sum up the current week, (including the coming weekend) in just three words.

So, here's the very first segment:

Today Ryan and I are going to a wedding, and my parents are taking Addison. This alone is great. Great for Ryan and I to have a night out, great for Addison to spend time with her grandparents, and great for my parents to spend time with their granddaughter.

But.... it will be her first overnight without us since she was born, exactly 3 months ago today, and I'm not sure I am ready to be away from her that long. When my mom took her today at 11am, Addie was laughing and smiling, and babbling, and just generally doing all the things that make my heart melt, and make me fall deeper in love with her every day. It was so hard to let her go, and knowing that it would be about 24 whole hours before I saw her little face again had me changing my mind altogether. If my mom hadn't wanted to take her so bad, I would have just kept her and taken her to the wedding (she was invited too).

I know she'll have fun today at grammie and grampie's boat, swimming at the marina, going for a boat ride, and being shown off to everyone that happens to be at the marina today. And I know my parents will take such good care of her.... but I already miss her.

Is it tomorrow yet?

4 comments:

  1. Try to enjoy your night alone! I know it's hard.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, it's always SO hard to leave them for the first time! I left Carter overnight with Bob's mom so that he and I could go to a wedding and... I cried. :::hangs head in shame::: I was having a wonderful time at the wedding (that I was a bridesmaid in!) but I missed him sooo much! We left bright and early the next day so that we could pick him up. I'm sure he didn't even notice we were gone, lol.

    Good luck and try to enjoy yourselves! Thanks for playing Y3W!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I played Jenni's Y3W today, too.
    I just wanted to say 1. try to enjoy yourselves, you deserve it and your daughter will be in good hands! and 2. We are most likely (still debating on the middle name) naming our child Adie Grace if it's a girl. :) What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping over from Jenni's blog for Y3W. Try to relax and enjoy your night sans baby.

    ReplyDelete