Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Wow. Is the weekend over already? This weekend was a complete blur.
Friday night we went to dinner with the lovely ladies I work with for our Christmas get together. It was nice for me to get to meet all the other team members I have since we are all self contracted and most of them I had never met before. Poor Ryan was pretty bored though. Maybe next year I'll go stag and he can have some alone time with Addie girl.

Saturday we raced up to North Bay to spend some time with Ryan's grandfather since we won't be around for Christmas. Ryan's parents, his brother in law and both sisters were there too. Addie was a good girl in the car, which was a great surprise because the 2 1/2 hour drive was what I was dreading the most since Addison is only good for very short trips in her car seat. As long as I was entertaining her she was happy though, and made for a great drive.

Saturday night my mother in law made a great turkey and ham dinner, and we enjoyed spending time with the family eating a good meal, playing cards and just relaxing. Addison decided she wanted to be part of all the action too however and extended her bedtime by about 4 hours. The kid has more stamina than anyone I have ever met. Between 9am and 11 pm she had only slept for 15 minutes but she was still full of energy and the happiest baby around. She finally fell asleep at 11pm and slept until 4am when she woke up to eat and refused to go back into her pack and play to sleep. I tried rocking her to sleep and putting her down 4 times before I gave in and let her sleep with us yet again. But in my defense, I didn't want to wake up the whole house. The instant she had her head down on our bed she fell asleep and stayed that way until 9:30am when we all got up. It was actually nice sleeping in a little bit.

Sunday morning we got up, went out for breakfast, packed up and left. Ryan had to be in Toronto Sunday evening to set up a trade show booth for work, so we couldn't stay. Addie slept the entire way home. What a treat! We were only home for about an hour before Ryan had to leave, so I gave Addie her bath and massage, read her a Christmas story and she went right to sleep.

It feels like it should still be Friday night. It was so great to spend time with the family, I'm not sure Ryan's grandfather has another Christmas in him, and he was so thrilled to see his great grand daughter, it was worth the rushing just to see that. Ryan's grandfather also handed down his old hunting rifle to Ryan which was very special for both of them. Thank goodness it's staying in North Bay until spring though. I appreciate the sentiment, and Ryan got involved in hunting this year, so I do know he needs his own gun, but I am really apprehensive about having it in the house, even though it is unloaded, has a trigger lock and will be kept hidden somewhere in a gun locker.

Oh, and in case you're wondering how the baby whisperer was..... you're going to have to find a review online. I forgot to bring it with me to North Bay and Addison is currently sleeping soundly in my bed after waking up literally 7 times within an hour in her own crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment