Monday, February 7, 2011

Our new computer

I have been M.I.A over the past week because my computer crashed.

Let me tell you about our computer. When we were first married, we were using my computer from college. That was fine until it crashed and I was still doing some online classes that I needed to complete to get my degree. When that computer broke, we were so poor that the only thing we could do was save up for a couple weeks and find a (very old) refurbished (and enormous) computer. I think we paid somewhere around $200 for it. Well it actually served us pretty well for almost 4 years until we moved. Since my parents use wireless signals for their laptops, I bought a wireless drive for our computer and it didn`t work. When Ryan called technical support, the guy on the phone very nicely told us our computer was just too old and would`nt work with the drive. Okay, onto plan B. Ryan bought an ethernet cable (which is not so easy to find anymore) and we hooked up the computer striaght to the modem. That didn`t work either. At that point, the computer completely failed us and refused to even turn on in less than 20 minutes.

I use the computer a lot. I need it for work, and I enjoy blogging and shopping online. So yesterday we finally decided it was time to join the rest of the modern world and we bought a new computer. We bought a new laptop and it is beautiful, and so fast!! I am in love! On the downside, we were not planning on putting out so much money for `stuff`right now as we still have to finish paying for our new house, but at least now we don`t have to worry about buying a new desk for the new house! That`s good enough for me. Computer justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment