Friday, January 28, 2011

Y3W: We're Moving Tomorrow


We're moving tomorrow!

Two and a half years ago, Ryan and I moved into this rental house and we were so excited to have a whole house to ourselves after spending our first year together in a 600 sqft apartment. I remember being so happy that we had a garage, a basement (with our own laundry machines), a backyard and wait for it.... a front door!! I was so happy that I wouldn't have to struggle between the car, the lobby and the elevator to get groceries into my kitchen anymore!

We've been really happy here and have had some great memories in this house (the greatest one of course was bringing Addison home here). But since Addie girl has arrived, and brought most of Babies R Us with her, we have definitely outgrown this little townhouse, and it is time to move on. Our new house (see it/read about it here) won't be ready until May 2nd, so in the meantime, we are moving in with my parents so we can save some money before we give it all to the bank.

We could not be more excited to move into our own home, but I will miss this place for a little while. I'm glad we've grown together here and become a family here. I'm happy we've been so blessed in this little house, and it will be a little sad that this house will now be part of our past. But as much as it's sad to have these things in the past now, I am so looking forward to the future and everything that will come in our new house.

I can't wait to decorate Addison's new room, to cook in my new kitchen and to really have a place to come home to, but most of all, I am excited to continue building into our marriage and our family in this new home. This is where I'll bake cookies with my daughter, and where we'll bring the rest of our children home to. This is where our kids will play in the backyard, where we'll have first birthday parties, and where we'll run down the stairs on Christmas morning to see what Santa has brought.

One chapter closed, and one about to begin. And a little intermission in the meantime.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new house, it looks gorgeous! I'm super jealous... I can not wait to move =) And to live for free for a few months? Yes please! It's a great way to build up your savings before you go on a decorating frenzy in the new place ;)

    Congrats again... seems like you guys got a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets see some pics of the new crib

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a picture under the "click here" link for now, and I will post real pictures as soon as we move in and get settled

    ReplyDelete