Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dear Addison, 16 months old already

Dear Addison,

You are 16 months old today. Before I had you, I used to think that people that counted their toddlers ages by months were weirdos, why couldn't they just say their kid was 1 or 2? Or if they wanted to get really specific even 1 and a half would do... but after having you and watching how fast you're growing, I get it. I don't want to let one day slip away let alone an entire month! So you have not been 16 months old until today, and tomorrow you will be 16 months and 1 day old, and you will not be 17 months old until October 20th, and not one day sooner and I don't care if that makes me a weirdo.

You have learned so much in the past few months baby girl. You are talking all the time, and you have a huge vocabulary for your age. You can say:
Mama, Daddy, duck, look, that, bubbles, baby (one of yoru favorite words by far!), uh oh, bubba, yep, quack, belly, night night, hi, bye, dog, no, Elmo, and there are a few more that I can't seem to think of right now. All these words you use appropriately too. If we ask you what a duck says, you say "quack quack quack" and if we ask you what a bear or a lion says, you say "grrr". Daddy's even taught you a pirate says "argh" and you think that is hilarious. You call your grandfathers "Gippa" and Aunt Nikki you call "Kiki".

Your favorite things to play with right now are baby dolls. You LOVE your babies. You walk them around the house in their stroller, you feed them, burp them, put them down for naps, you hug them and kiss them, and you snuggle them on the couch. You even carry your diaper bag around with you and take out your bottles and clothes when you need them. It really is the cutest thing, you are such a good little mommy. You also love stacking blocks and rings right now, and I am amazed that you almost always stack the rings in the right order, from largest to smallest. You are so smart Addison. You are fascinated by your laugh and learn kitchen, that set never gets old, you love playing with your tea set and the kitchen together. You are really starting to play well on your own now, I can usually get the kitchen cleaned after a meal while you play now, and I love that our playroom is right off the kitchen so I can watch you playing. You think it is so funny to collapse into your pile of dolls and stuffed animals, and you fit right in with them. I love being able to catch these small moments that mean so much.

Our morning routine is getting easier and easier for me. You now drink your morning bottle snuggled in with your blankey on the couch while you watch cartoons, and I can get ready knowing you are safe and happy. You really seem to be understanding what is going on in the shows now, and although you don't watch a lot of TV, you do have a preference to what you do watch.

Your personality is showing through nice and strong now. You are hilarious. You just LOVE being the center of attention to anyone who will watch you, or talk to you, and you will do anything to make people laugh. You make funny faces, do acrobatics, and play games all the time. You do have an impatient side though, and you get frusterated very easily if things don't go your way. You are becomming very good at throwing tantrums. You hit, pinch and bite, and you throw your toys and hit them when you don't get your way. You also yell and scream and do your fake cry.

Daddy and I have been joking that we are going to be sending you to kingergarten with bubbas in your backpack. Addison, you are NOT ready to give up your bottles and you are still refusing to eat any substantial amount at any meal, and are still on formula. Every time we try to wearn you from it, you stop eating and we have to start all over again. Sometimes it is because you get sick, but usually it is because you are getting a new tooth and you never eat when a tooth is coming in. Right now you have your two front teeth, and bottom teeth, and you recently cut your eye teeth and two top molars! You cut the last three teeth while you were very sick with croup, and you were our little trooper honey, you were so good about it.

I really hate that I am back to work almost full time again. We only have wednesday mornings together now, and I REALLY miss having our time together during the day to go out and about, and just to play together. Knowing that your little brother or sister is on its way is exciting because I know you are going to be such a good big sister, but I am also a little sad that you will have to give up your position of getting all of our attention all the time. I really hope you adjust well to having to share us.

In the meantime, I am just enjoying every minute we have together just you and me, and making sure that you know you are the most special and beautiful baby girl in the whole world. I still rock you to sleep for all your naps (that I am home for) and every night before bed. I still get up with you at least 3 times a week in the middle of the night because you need a snuggle, or need your blankets put back on or a middle of the night snack. And I don't care what people tell me about letting you cry it out because I love our time together snuggling and rocking like that, and I will take it any time of the day or night that I can get it. You love to be held and kissed, and you always put your hands and feet to my face while I'm rocking you to get kisses. I love it when you do that, and I hope you keep doing it for a very long time.

Addison you will never know just how much I love you, I absolutely adore you, and would do anything for you. You really are my little sunshine. Keep growing strong and healthy monkey moo.

Love your mama
xoxoxoxoxox
 What a big girl riding the 4-wheeler with Daddy at the cottage!
 You LOVE to brush your own teeth! A little too much maybe, Mama can't touch your toothbrush without you fighting for it.
 This will definitely be the last summer you can bathe in the sink at the cottage. You are growing soo fast
 Look at this face! I just love it!
You LOVE to play outside on your climber. Thank you Grammie and Grampie Knight, best present ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment