Friday, September 23, 2011

Y3W: Baby Number 2


Y3W: Baby Number 2!

 This is me 10 weeks pregnant with Addison. Notice anything? Ya, me neither. There was a slight bump just starting, but I was the only one who could tell. Actually, I remember Ryan complaining when I asked him to take this picture because he said there wasn't anything to take a picture of.
 This is me 19 weeks pregnant with Addison. Theres a baby belly now! At this point I was getting very sick of hearing "are you sure the baby is okay? you're awfully small for 19 weeks".
Which brings me to this picture..... this is me today, 9 weeks 2 days pregnant with monkey #2. Yep, you read that right, ONLY 9 weeks 2 days... I am actually the same size that I was pregnant at 19 weeks last time. And this is real belly, not bloat. I look like this from the minute I wake up til I go to bed now. CRAZY!!!

 I had my first check up last Friday, and although we didn't really do anything (not much to see/hear at 8 weeks) I did get some paperwork for blood tests and an ultrasound. Like last time, Ryan and I have decided to forgo the prenatal testing for Down Syndrome and Trisomy 13. Reasoning? What's the point? This baby is ours already, and we already love it despite what it looks like and despite any special needs it may have. The testing is very faulty via ultrasound, and an amnio to confirm positive results with a risk of a miscarriage are out of the question. We've talked to parents of special needs kids and have gotten the same advice over and over. "There is nothing you can read and no one you can talk to that will actually prepare you for having a child with special needs. You are better off to just enjoy the pregnancy and God forbid something comes up later, deal with it then. For now, enjoy being pregnant and the thought that your baby is perfect". I agree 100%!

Addison was a breech baby and I had a scheduled c-section for her. While the Dr. was getting her out, he discovered the reason she was breech was because I have a bicornuate (heart shaped) uterus. Which means that instead of being a nice round balloon, there is a septum separating mine somewhere down the middle. I don't have a horrible case, the septum only goes part way down, but it means that there isnt enough room for the baby to turn once it gets big enough to want to be head down. Which means that I will probably have another breech baby. The Dr. wants to know if the baby is on the right or the left side though, which means an early ultrasound! Yay! I can't wait to see the little one squirming around in there. I will be 12 weeks by then, so baby should be nice and squirmy.

Update so far...
Pregnancy Week: 9weeks 2 days
Size of Baby: 1.5 inches, about the size of a prune
Weight gain: None yet
Sleep: Depends on the night. Addison is getting up to eat every night now, so even if I was sleeping well I would still be getting up around 2am for a bottle.
Gender: ??? Not even a guess yet
Names: Addison has kept us so busy it hasn't really even been a thought yet
Feeling: The last two weeks have been pretty great. No morning sickness, and the fatigue has started to lift. Thank Goodness because I was barely making it through the day.
Movement: I swear I felt something the other day, and last night more flutters... very sporadic
Belly Button: Innie still...
Cravings: No cravings, but I have aversions to just about everything. When I think of something that doesnt repulse me, I make sure I eat it right away.
Next Appointment : Ultrasound Oct 13th, Prenatal Appt with Dr. Oct 14th.

5 comments:

  1. Aww, congratulations!! You should check out my progression pics and how HUGE I was with Brynn. People were asking me when I was due when I was 9w PG. It's was INSANE.

    Here's the link: http://www.jennifromtheblog.com/2010/02/belly-progression.html

    Again, congrats mama! I hope to join you soon ;) And I have a feeling next time I will have to tell work & family the day we test b/c of my belly, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Thanks Jenni, I remember when you posted those pics last time, your pics totally make me feel better about my belly. In the end what does it matter so long as there is a healthy baby at the end right? Can't wait to see that next baby belly of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I didn't gain a lb with my first til around 20 wks and with my second they came fast, but by the end I'd gained the same with both! You look adorable btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome! And it is so crazy how much we have in common! I also have a septum (part of it was removed but during my c-section with Addison, found out it's still partially there).

    Also, after my experience this time around with the Trisomy/Down testing, I would never do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im gonna say its a boy cause he's already growing so big!
    - Josh

    ReplyDelete