Thursday, September 1, 2011

Y3W: Baby on Board!

Baby On Board!


Well it's official, baby number two is on its way!


And since I am getting all of the same questions asked by so many people, here are some answers.

Q. Why now?
A. Because Addison is going to be almost TWO (uh, I can hardly believe it myself) by the time the baby gets here and the child really needs someone to play with. Plus, since the new baby will be born a month before Addison's birthday, if it's a girl, all Addison's clothes will fit the right size for the same seasons saving us A LOT of money on new clothes. If it's a boy, yay we get to spend a lot of money on new clothes! And also, because we were ready for another baby. Addison is growing so fast, and she is getting really (dare I say it) easy to handle, the timing just works for us. We want our kids to grow up close in age so they are interested in the same things at the same times, and so they will hopefully have close relationships as they grow up.

Q. How far along are you? When is your due date?
A. 6 weeks and 2 days. Due April 25th, 2012 (this will probably change after our first ultrasound)

Q. How are you feeling?
A. Awful! Already I am so exhausted I can barely make it through the day, and I already have bad morning sickness.

Q. Is this pregnancy different from Addison?
A. Yes, so much! With Addison I had heartburn occassionally, and if it got bad enough, it would make me nauseous, but that didn't even start until 8-10 weeks and lasted only until 14 weeks. I never really had morning sickness with Addison. This one has been making me serioulsy sick since 3 weeks and it is just getting worse. One good difference is that i haven't really had any heartburn yet, and I am able to sleep every night. With Addison I could never sleep. Huge difference in the size of my belly already too. I am already almost as big as I was when I was 4 months pregnant with Addison! (Not that that says all that much, my clothes still fit and I didn't really look pregnant at 4 months, but makes we wonder what I will look like in a few more weeks!)

Q. Do you think it's a boy or a girl?
A. Honestly I think it is way too early to tell. With Addison I didn't have the feeling I knew it was a girl until about 16 weeks.

Q. Is it different having a second pregnancy after already going through it?
A. Yes, it is so different. No one was surprised this time, people don't seem as excited, and honestly, I find people were much more interested in my pregnancy with Addison, this time it seems like nothing new. For me, the anxiety isn't there, but the excitement is. I am nervous about a lot of things, like how is Addie going to feel, how do I take care of two babies when I'm sick, how are we going to afford daycare for two babies? But I am not worried at all about some of the other things like having a miscarriage, what to expect from pregnancy, how the birth is going to go and if I'm going to be a good parent. That I was nervous about with Addison.

Q. Is this going to be the last child?
A. I hope not! We would really like to have three children, but will probably wait a bit longer than two years before we add the third, we'll see how the next year or two goes!

Q. Do you hope this one is a boy or a girl?
A. Well we just hope it's not twins! That's a hard question, it would be wonderful to have another little girl, we know little girls and we just adore Addison, I would love to see all those beautiful clothes worn again and I think it would be so great for Addison to have a little sister to grow up with. But, it would also be great to have a boy. The first grandson in the family, a little boy that could take Ryan's rough housing a little better than Addir girl does, a new dynamic in the family that a little boy would bring... even if we got to choose ourselves, we would go back and forth too much to ever decide. It's a good thing God makes that choice for us!

Q. Are you going to find out the sex?
A. Yes! Sometime in November.

Q. Are you going to tell people what the sex is?
A. Yes, we suck at keeping secrets

Q. Any names picked out yet?
A. Not really. We still like our original boy name from last time, (Liam Alexander) but don't agree on anything we really love for either. The only girl name that we both like is Danielle, and we don't love it. We probably won't have a name picked out until we know the sex.

Any more questions?

I'll start the weekly posts next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment