Monday, July 19, 2010

Mommy and Me

Today Addison and I started our first class together. It's being held at Serenity Birth Studio and Spa, the same place that Ryan and I took our Lamaze/Birthing classes and the class is called "The Fourth Trimester". Addie fell asleep in the car on our way over, and slept through the whole class. The class is supposed to help new mothers with the newborn experience; talk about post partum feelings, how to handle little sleep, breastfeeding, playing with our little ones and ultimately meet other new moms that we can bond with. Today's class was discussing our birth stories, and it was fascinating to me to hear how every single one of the 10 women in the class had such different experiences. Just the fact that 8/10 of us had c-sections was interesting to me. I met some great women today that I think I will be able to have great relationships with. I did find it really funny that since Addison is the oldest baby in the class, all the moms were asking me for advice on things. She's the oldest by 2 weeks at 8 weeks old, most of the babies in the class are 6 weeks old so it was funny to me giving advice to these women when I've only got two weeks of motherhood on them, but it felt good too. I am excited to go back next week. Maybe next week Addie will wake up and I'll get the chance to show her off a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment