Sunday, July 18, 2010

Two Months Old






It's so hard to believe that our baby girl is already two months old. As cliche as it is to say it, it really does feel like just yesturday I was telling Ryan that I was pregnant and we were running out to get multiple pregnancy tests to make sure. We were so excited to be parents, and now that we are, we could'nt be happier with our baby girl. Our lives have definitely changed; we can no longer pick up and go like we used to, we can't just lie around all day doing nothing if we feel like it, and we can't pack light when we go somewhere overnight. But it is totally worth it.

This weekend was the first time we left Addie for an extended period of time. She was with my parents for 9 whole hours while we went to Jackie's stag and doe party and it was really hard for me to leave her. I thought about her all day, talked about her to anyone that would listen (and continued talking about her to those who didn't want to listen) and I just couldn't wait to get out of there so I could hold her again. I was really disapointed when we got back to the marina and Addie was asleep. I wanted so badly to pick her up, hold her close, and snuggle her, but she looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake her up. Instead, I just watched her sleep and kept kissing her. I love that baby more than anything. These past two months have really flown by, and although we are sad to see her get bigger, we are also so excited to watch her grow. So far she has started squaking when she doesn't like something, and just last monday, she started cooing. Her smiles are so big that they just melt my heart and I can't wait to hear her laugh for the first time. This week I am going to start packing up the clothes she's outgrown. Looking at the tiny newborn clothes now, it is amazing to me that at one point, not so long ago, she was so small that the newborn sizes hung off of her, and now I am putting them away so that hopefully one day her little sister will wear them. Just two months gone by, just two months of her entire life, and I am soaking up every minute of it.




Addie in the pool, rocking out her new life jacket (pink as picked out by Daddy) and her new shades!


And a sleepy Addie having a nap with Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment