Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Six Months Old

Happy half birthday Addison!

Saturday you turned six months old, and Daddy and I are really struggling to figure out where the time is going since you arrived. Every single day seems to go faster than the last and there is never enough time to play with you, hold you, watch you, teach you, snuggle you and love on you.

Your little personality is really shining through right now. You are so social that I actually feel bad when we stay home for a whole day since I know you enjoy going out and seeing new people and things. It doesn't matter where we are going, and what we are doing, you are always so well behaved and enjoyable to be with. We get compliaments on you everywhere. You are so funny that Daddy and I think you are going to be a class clown. You do everything to make us laugh, and you and Daddy have been having some pretty serious laugh offs lately. As outgoing as you are though, you still love having your snuggle time, especially at night while I rock you to sleep. You are a little diva, you know exactly what you want when you want it, and I can't wait to see what you have to say when you get the hang of baby sign language. You are so stubborn, but you are also really delicate and are really sensitive when you get hurt.

You are absolutely gorgeous! I don't know how it is possible, but every single time I look at you, you are more beautiful and undeniably adorable than the last time I looked at you. I am so serious about this my love, you are the most beautiful baby girl I have ever seen. Your eyes are the deepest hazel colour and just suck in anyone that looks at them. You still don't have much hair, but it is starting to come in now. You are quite petite, at 15lbs, 2oz, you are in the 32nd% for your weight, at 25.5 Inches, you are in the 45th% for your height, and at 42cm, your head size is in the 37th %. You are small, but you are very healthy and growing strong.

I am really loving making you happy, and it is so easy to do. You are always happy when you get attention. Just sitting on the carpet with you playing with your toys makes you laugh, and since it is my most favorite sound, I make sure I do it every day. You love watching Sesame Street, (just like your Mama used to) especially Elmo's world. You dance and laugh when you watch this. You love any kind of music, and you think dancing is so much fun. Your favorite games are peek a boo and pat a cake with Mama, but you play make Daddy laugh with Daddy and where's the baby with Grampie Knight. Your bath is definitely your favorite part of the day, and we can tell you are really tired when you don't splash around much. You are getting so good at swimming, that you keep getting complimented on your kicking ability from all the other moms.

Things you don't like are still the same as they always have been. Still not a fan of the car seat, but you do so much better than you used to at tolerating it. Uncle Ryan is still pretty scary, and no one knows why, because some days he's scarier than others. You don't like loud noises, and you still don't like to be left alone for very long.

We tried feeding you solids this month, and although you tried your sweet potatoes, and bananas, you prefer your milk to anything else. More milestones you achieved this month were yelling and sitting up! Even the doctor was amazed at how you sit up all by yourself.

Your sleep pattern has improved, you go to bed between 7 and 7:30pm, wake up to eat around 9 and midnight then sleep to 3 or 4am before you eat again, and get up for the day between 7-8am. You are eating a 5oz bottle every 3 hours during the day, and when you wake in the night, it's because you are hungry again.

Every morning when I go in to get you, I tell you goodmorning sunshine. I tell you this because no matter what the weather is outside the window, inside you make it sunny. Your smile when I come in to get you brightens up the whole room. I am so ridiculously in love with you Addison. Every waking moment is spent thinking about you, watching you, and playing with you. In just six short months, you have taken over my life, and brought me so much joy. I wouldn't change a thing.

Daddy and I went Christmas shopping for you last weekend, and we had so much fun picking out all your presents. I can't wait to see you experience your first Christmas. So much has happened in your first six months, and so much is yet to come in your next six months. Just know that no matter what you are doing, your Daddy and I are always your biggest fans, and whether you are ahead or behind your peers, you are always perfect to us.

I love your guts,
Love your Mama
xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. So sweet:) Happy Half Birthday Addison! I have no idea where the time goes:(

    ReplyDelete