Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Traitor

Yesterday was the first day I worked all day. I had dropped Addie off with my dad around 8am and came to pick her up at 4:00pm. I had missed her so much, and was so excited to see her.

When I went in the room where they were, Addie was sitting on a blanket surrounded by toys and was watching Sesame Street (I've never seen a 6month old like TV so much!). I went to pick her up, and she completely ignored me! I never got a smile, a laugh, or even eye contact. I was pretty disappointed, but I figured maybe there was just too much going on for her to focus. So I grabbed her up and sat her on my lap facing me hoping that she'd realize I was there and at least look at me, but no... she actually turned her head away so she could look and smile at Grampie.

Ryan was already home when we got home and when he went to take her out of the car he got big smiles and laughs the second she saw him.

What the heck???? Ryan's gone every day, all day and he gets a King's reception as soon as he comes in, but I leave her once and I get snubbed.

What a traitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment