Friday, November 19, 2010

Y3W: Christmas Shopping Tomorrow



I LOVE Christmas shopping. It is something I look forward to all year long, and when it finally comes around, I really enjoy it. I am so lucky that Ryan loves Christmas shopping too. Ryan usually hates shopping, but when it comes to Christmas, he always helps me save money for it, and enjoys picking out gifts with me. This year, because of Addison, Christmas shopping is going to be more fun than usual. It has been almost 17 years since we've had a child to buy for on either side of our families, and Ryan and I are thrilled to be able to buy for Addison this year. Tomorrow we are going to a place called Samko and Miko, a toy distributer in Toronto that opens to the public only 2 months a year and sells all kinds of toys at 50%-70% off. Addison will be staying with my parents for the day (because well, we are shopping for her!) and Ryan and I already have a few things on our list that we really want to buy for her.

The Fisherprice Ocean Wonders Jumperoo was Addison's main gift and we gave that to her early because we wanted her to get the most use out of it since she's growing so fast. What a good decision because Addie LOVES this thing, and gets really excited every time we go to put her in it.


The Fisherprice Lil Movers Race Track. I think Addison will love this, because she loves bright colours and noise! And who said a little girl can't play with cars?

The Playschool Busy Ball Popper. This is bright coloured, makes noise, and spits balls out the top. Addie will love watching the balls pop out for now, and when she is bigger will learn cause and effect by putting them back in.



The Fisherprice Seahorse. I know A LOT of moms who swear by this seahorse as the reason their babies sleep so well. Addie goes to bed really well right now, but I want this for her because she has a glo worm and loves it, but she can't press the button yet to make it glow and sing, and when I press the button for her, it only lasts a couple seconds. The seahorse goes for 5mins at a time, so Addie can enjoy it longer.



The Fisherprice Please and Thank-you Tea Set. This is super cute. What little girl doesn't love having their own tea set? This tea set plays music, and talks, but most of all, it teaches manners, and I'm thinking I'll take some help with a head start on manners for my little diva.




Fisherprice Shake and Rattle Pooh. Addie will love this! When the baby shakes the rattle, Pooh shakes and I think it plays music too. I know Addie will get a kick out of this.

These are the things I know I want to get her, but we'll see what they have tomorrow. I also want to buy her her first baby doll, but I haven't found the right one yet, so I am still looking.

Ryan and I are also looking forward to picking out Addison's Christmas stocking and filling that too. Some ideas I have for her stocking are: board books, some new pacifiers, bath toys, some teething toys and stuffed animals and a tooth brush (gum brush) set. Can you tell the theme for Addie this Christmas is toys? Fisherprice is going to love us!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip. Hope you score some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's really cute stuff! Hope you had fun! I love Christmas shopping too and can't wait to really get started!!

    ReplyDelete