Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

So Christmas shopping for our little Addie girl was amazing! Seriously, anyone remotely close to a Samko and Miko should make the trip. When we walked in, someone handed each of us an enormous red shopping bag and Ryan and I looked at each other like "ya... pretty sure we're not going to need two of these", I mean the bags were about the length of me, and at least 3 feet wide. Well, once we found the preschool section, we weren't long filling them both up. And then we found the book section and by the time I had filled my arms up with books, Ryan was practically pulling me out of there because we had only planned on spending about $100 on this trip and we looked like we had well over $250 worth of toys and books. What a pleasant surprise when the cashier asked us for $103.00!! The prices are THAT good there. Books that I normally pay $25.00 for at Chapters, were on for $1 and $2. The most expensive book I got was $3.75.

The only thing I could possibly complain about is that because it is a distribution center, the merchandise is always changing and you never know what you're going to find. We got Addison a lot of gifts, but they didn't have anything that was on my original list. In fact, we got so much stuff that we decided the only things on the original list that we are still going to buy are going to be the seahorse (which I am hoping she loves on the plane trip to Florida Christmas day) and her first baby doll.

After Samko and Miko, we went to The Pottery Barn Kids store to buy Addie her Christmas stocking. They have the most beautiful stockings there, and we totally agreed on which one to get her as soon as we saw it. They also have a baby doll that would be perfect for Addison. Her name is Abby and she is really soft, has all her features sewn on so there are no choking hazards and she is really cute. I wanted to buy her while we were there, but Ryan really wants to pick out her first doll for her, and I thought that was so sweet I agreed. I can't wait to see what he picks out.

So this week I will pick up the seahorse and the rest of the stocking stuffers, and I am officially done shopping for Addie's first Christmas.

Sunday I put up our Christmas tree and decorated while Ryan took Addie around to some open houses for their "Daddy Addie Day" as Ryan called it. Addie is so fascinated by the tree and wants to touch all the ornaments, I am so excited to see what she thinks of her first Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment