Monday, March 7, 2011

Daycare Update!

Addison had her first day of daycare today. I was so nervous I was actually feeling sick to my stomach for days leading up to this day, and it was everything I could do to walk out that door today leaving my precious baby girl at daycare for the first time.

I took Addison over a little early so that I could sit with her while she got adjusted, but when we got there, the other baby was already there plus the daycare owner's four year old daughter and they were all playing with toys on a blanket in the livingroom. So Addie basically pushed me out of the way to get to the kids and toys and never looked back! Some parents might feel a little sad if this happened to them, but to me it was the best case scenario. It means that my daughter is well adjusted, and knows that I love her and wouldn't take her somewhere (and leave her) anywhere that wasn't safe.

I stayed for 15 minutes while the kids played and I talked to the daycare owner about Addie and what she likes/dislikes, when she eats ect, and then I kissed my girl goodbye and waved from the door and I got this enormous smile from her as I left. It was beautiful, it was like she was telling me "it's okay mama, I'm going to have fun here, don't worry about me" .

When I went to pick her up, my girl was all smiles and babbles! I was told she never cried at all, laughed and played all day, and even though she didn't nap, she was very happy and a joy to have there. She even ate a whole meal for the first time in two weeks since she's been sick!

I am feeling a lot better about her going to daycare now, and very impressed with my little social butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment