Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Welcome to Sesame Street

This is it! We are officially having a Sesame Street themed 1st birthday party for Miss Addison Grace! I found it really difficult (at first) to come up with a great theme for Addison's birthday. I wanted to do something REALLY special for her. Something that would be entirely original and definitely fun and personal. But how personal can a theme be when you start planning and the baby is only 10 months old? Well that was what I was having trouble with. I know Addie has a real love on for bright colours and textures, so I originally thought a theme like the very hungry caterpillar would be good. But, when I started looking at the decorations and stuff it just didn't seem right for Addie. So off to the party store to explore ideas we went. The party store had so many themes for kids birthday's and they were all cute, but they seemed so over done and typical. Then I got to the Sesame Street aisle. I took one look at all the Sesame Street stuff and realized that Sesame Street is the only thing Addison really gets excited about. She goes crazy when she sees Elmo on TV. Her arms start flapping around, she rocks (her dance style at the moment) and she starts screaming with joy. The child can not get enough of Elmo, and loves the whole Sesame Street cast. How could I have missed this for a theme? It is definitely not orginal, I mean kids have been loving Sesame Street and having Sesame Street birthday parties for 30 years! But, this party is all about Addison, and Addison loves Sesame Street. So Sesame Street it is. I already have all the invitations filled out and ready to send next week. Being on a long weekend, I want to give everyone plenty of notice. We made a trip to Michael's craft store last week and I got all the stuff I needed to make her birthday banner, I have all the decorations planned and the menu decided. Addison already has her birthday outfit, and the guest cupcakes and smash cake have been ordered (sorry, no peeking at any of it until the actual party!) I am absolutely thrilled that Addison's first birthday is going to be in our own house, and that it will be the first time that our family and friends get to see the house. We are not done with Sesame Street yet though! We will be living on Sesame Street for another week because it is also the theme I am using for my sister in law's baby shower the following weekend. Both parties are going to be similar, but unique and I am equally excited planning both. I can't wait to see all the bright coloured decorations up and see our house full of friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment