Thursday, March 17, 2011

The girl can TALK!!

We officially have a first word. Remember yesterday when I said I didn't believe Ryan that Addison had said ducky? Well... I can say this now because I know he doesn't read this blog, but he was right!

Yesterday morning she looked right at her bottle and said "bubba" asking for it. Then, when I was getting her dressed, she threw a fit (she REALLY prefers to be naked) and looked right at me and said "Mama!" like she was yelling at me to stop putting clothes on.

I was really happy with this progress, but I really wanted to know if she could say "ducky" so after I picked her up from daycare, we were playing and I gave her a duck toy, and asked her if she could say ducky.... she looked right at me and said the cutest thing ever. DUCKY!

It sounded more like "duck-key" but she can definitely say it, and she definitely knows what it means.

So exciting!! Right? Do I want my 10 month old talking yet?

1 comment: