Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wordful Wednesday

Two nights ago Ryan was giving Addison her bath, when he starts yelling for me. Assuming he needed a towel or something (because Daddy's are never as prepared as Mommy's) I grabbed a towel and headed into the bathroom. While he did need a towel, that wasn't what he was yelling about.

Apparently when he threw her toys in the tub, Ryan asked her where her ducky was and she grabbed her duck and said "ducky". Apparently she said it four times before I got there. When I went in, she was playing with her toys and babbling, but nothing even close to any word.

So I asked Ryan how positive he was that she said it, and he said he was absolutely positive that not only did she say it, but she knew exactly what she was saying. It really wouldn't surprise me if "ducky" was her first word, she has loved ducks since she first saw them, and we play with her duckies in the bath every night and every night that I bathe her I sing the rubber ducky song to her (you know Ernie's song from Sesame Street) and she LOVES the song and the duckies.

Ryan said the word was clear enough to mark in her baby book as her first word, but I think I'll wait until I hear it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment