Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dear Addison

Dear Addison,

Today is the first day you have ever been sick. That makes today the first day that I have ever wanted to be sick instead so that you could feel better. I know that this is just the first day of many that you will be sick, and I will wish it could be me instead. You have your first cold. Your temperature is up, your eyes are red and watery, your cheeks are red and splotchy, your nose is stuffed up and runny, you are coughing and sneezing and you are being very sucky. I noticed your eyes were red and watery yesterday, but today the rest of the symptoms set in and you are obviously not feeling well. Although my favorite kind of Addie is a sucky one that wants to snuggle her mama, I hate that the reason you feel like that now is because you are sick. I wish more than anything that you will feel better soon and we can go back to playing peek-a-boo and bouncing you on my knee. You went right to sleep tonight, a little earlier than you normally go to bed and I put your froggy humidifier on for you, so I am really hoping that you will feel better when you wake up in the morning. If you don't feel better tomorrow, I will snuggle you all day again and the next day and all the days after that until you are all better.

I love you bigger than the sky my little monkey,
Feel better soon,

Love always and forever, your mama
xoxoxoxoxox

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Addison isn't feeling well! Hopefully she will be better in the morning.

    ReplyDelete