Friday, October 1, 2010

Y3W: Baby Leg Love




I remember when I first saw baby legs, I thought "what a dumb idea... leg warmers for babies? Why wouldn't you just put pants on them?" Until I had a baby and had baby legs. These things are genius and anyone with a baby should be given at least a dozen of them when they leave the hospital. They are that functional. We first started using them when the weather turned colder and we didn't have any fall clothes for Addie. Put 'em on with a onesie and tada! warm and clothed baby. This is when I started to fall in love with them. Because they keep Addie's little legs warm and I still have access to her diapers for changing. This is important to me because Addie's cloth diapers are a little bulkier than disposables and so not all pants fit her right. No worries with baby legs! But my more recent love happened when Addie started growing out of all her sleepers. I am constantly buying new sleepers because Addie is so tall that she outgrows them really fast when they have feet on them. Baby legs to the rescue yet again. No need for sleepers and easier to change her bum in the middle of the night. But don't worry, the baby legs haven't seen the end of their hayday quite yet. Because in just a few short months, Addie is going to be crawling, and guess what she'll have on her legs so her knees don't get scratched? That's right baby legs! Love Love Love these things, and wish I had invented them myself.




The only downside of baby legs? Everytime I put them on Addie (which is pretty much every day now) Ryan starts singing Madonnna's Material girl because they remind him of the 80's.


I can live with that.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Baby legs on babies... they are so adorable and their thigh chubb still hangs out the top. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the exact same way! I actually saw them on someone's blog while I was pregnant and thought "wow that is really a waste of money." Today, I LOVE THEM! We keep the house pretty cold so she usually always has them on when we are hanging out at home. They make diaper changing so easy!

    And Adrian always calls her Flashdance Baby when she wears them:)

    ReplyDelete