Sunday, October 17, 2010

Two more steps to becoming a big girl

Addison has had a very busy weekend!

We went to the baby expo yesterday, then we went to Babies R Us to get spoons! Yep, spoons for Addie since she started oatmeal! We decided to skip the traditional rice cereal as a starter food and went right to oatmeal. I got some organic steel cut oats, ground them up and cooked them into oatmeal. I watered it down so it was really soupy with milk, and then we tried to give it to her on a spoon. That did not go over well. Addie hated it, gagged a lot and refused to eat it. So we tried again today, and we got pretty much the same reaction. She did actually lap up a little today and we made a huge deal out of it so she would get excited, but she was really hungry and when she started crying we gave up and fed her a bubba. We'll spend this month trying out all the different kinds of cereal, and then we'll graduate to veggies and fruits next month. We are planning to start with sweet potatoes and roasted pears yum!

In other news, Addie slept in her crib last night all by herself. Not in her bassinet in our room, but in her very own bed in her very own room. She went right to sleep at bedtime, so I put her down in her positioner, but at about 12:30am she woke up to eat and she had wormed her way off the positioner so I just took it out altogether. I still need to get some breathable bumper pads, but for now she's not rolling, so I just took out the bumpers that came with her bedding and swaddled her up tight so she didn't move around too much. She looked so comfy in her crib but it was really hard for me to leave her there on her own. I sat in her room watching her until 1am and then finally went to my room. I also took the video monitor in with me and set it on my nightstand even though her room is so close I'd be able to hear a fly buzzing around in there let alone her if she needed me. Overall it was a great success though, and from now on she'll sleep in her own room at night and come in for her snuggles in our bed when she wakes up around 6 or 7am. She loves being in our bed, and every morning when Ryan grabs her and puts her in with us, she goes right back to sleep and nuzzles into one of us. There is nothing sweeter than Addie snuggling in and falling asleep next to us.

1 comment:

  1. Addison hated rice cereal, we couldn't get her to it eat at all. We moved on to sweet potatoes and she LOVES them! She has now tried green beans and today, bananas. All have been a success - good luck!

    ReplyDelete