Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Nursery

This is my most favorite room in our house; the nursery. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I wanted to start decorating the nursery and I started planning right away. To me, having the nursery ready for the baby was a sign that as surreal as it seemed, there really was a baby growing just for Ryan and me, and I wanted so badly for our home to reflect that our baby lived here.

When we found out we were having a little girl, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for her room, and started decorating as soon as possible. I wanted to keep her room contemporary, but still a nursery that reflected a baby girl lived here. So I started with the idea of a cottage theme and ended up with an antique garden theme. I have to say the pictures don't really do it justice, Addison's room is beautiful.

Before she was born, I would sit in Addie's rocking chair dreaming of holding her in my arms late at night, singing her lullabyes and watching her sleep. Her room has been special from the start, but now that she is with us, her room is even more special to me because now it's lived in. Her sheets are ruffled from where she sleeps for her naps, her little diapers are stacked beside her change table, but what makes the room the best for me is the way it smells. It always smells like Addison, and if you have never smelled a baby before, let me tell you, nothing smells sweeter than my baby girl right after her bath and massage. And that is what her room always smells like. Addie and I spend hours in this room, and I really hope she loves it as she continues to grow.

Here is a peek at Addie's nursery
Addie's bed
Addie's bookcase, that I am slowly filling with books

Addie's bedding is called "Love Bird" and is made by Bananafish
A couple of Addie's little outfits

The whole room
The mobile I made that Addie loves to watch

And we will ALWAYS kiss her goodnight...

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the nursery! The mobile, the bedding! Everything! Seriously it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete